TThe highly-anticipated announcement is here. Star hero Prabhas’ first straight Hindi film has been announced this morning at 7:11 am. The film is titled Adipurush and it’s based on the epic Ramayana. Prabhas is rumored to be playing the role of Lord Rama in this movie.
Adipurush will be directed by Bollywood filmmaker Om Raut, who had earlier directed Ajay Devgn’s Tanahji. “Celebrating the victory of good over evil!,” Adipurush’s title poster carries this caption. Bhushan Kumar of T-Series will be bankrolling this prestigious project in association with Om Raut.
Adipurush will be simultaneously releasing in all the four major South Indian languages. The project will be going on floors after Prabhas’ next in which he co-stars Deepika Padukone.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sukumar ropes in his ADs for a love anthology
- Madras High Court goes soft on Suriya
- When Rajini, Nag and Sridevi were offered RGV’s Rangeela
- Lakshmi Manchu misses Samantha’s surprise
- Vijay’s ‘Thank you Neyveli’ tweet sets a new record
- Fresh troubles for Balayya-Boyapati film?