Even after 30 years, the pain of that near fatal fall (from a Puneet Issar’s blow) in the sets of Coolie (1982) lingers on for Indian cinema’s favorite son – Amitabh Bachan. Today morning he was wheeled into surgery at 9:30 AM and after 3 hours the doctors came out smiling. Apparently the abdominal surgery went off smoothly and the actor is resting in the hospital. “The abdominal pain was due to the pain that had started during the injury that he (Amitabh Bachchan) had got during ‘Coolie’. He is operated now and the surgery went on for two to three hours. It has gone smoothly,” Abhishek told reporters. “He has been shifted to the ward and is out of the operation theatre. It was successful, and he has been kept under observation by the doctors,” added the junior Bachchan.
- Rakul excited about her spunky role in Manmadhudu 2
- Pink remake gets a release date
- Vishal, Tamannaah’s next to be shot in this country
- Baahubali 2’s TN distributor slapped with a legal notice
- Karthi distances himself from TN politics
- Two more Bollywood stars in RRR?