Here’s a big update. Kollywood circles are buzzing with the news that Super Star Rajnikanth’s most eagerly awaited 165th film, Petta, is tentatively scheduled for release during the already jam-packed Sankranti festive season early next year. However, an official announcement is awaited in this regard.
Petta kick-started its shooting formalities in Darjeeling a couple of months ago. The film was later shot in Chennai and currently, the team is busy canning several crucial scenes in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. A major portion of the shoot will be wrapped up with this schedule.
Petta is being directed by acclaimed Tamil filmmaker Karthik Subbaraj. The film features an ensemble cast comprising stars like Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vijay Sethupathi, Simran, Megha Akash, Trisha and others. Sun Pictures is bankrolling this prestigious project. Anirudh Ravichander is composing the film’s music.
- AR Murugadoss reveals key details about Vijay’s Sarkar
- Pawan Kalyan to not celebrate Dasara
- Interesting update on Nani’s Jersey
- NTR’s impressive response to criticism on ‘less entertainment’ in ASVR
- Rahul Ravindran pens a heartfelt letter for Chinmayi