The tragic demise of Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has thrown light on depression and mental health among actors and technicians working in the Indian film industry. In a latest interview with an English daily, former Miss Andhra Pradesh title winner and Bigg Boss Telugu’s Season 2 contestant Nandini Rai opened up about her battle with depression after her acting career failed to take off as expected.
Nandini revealed that even though she had a good start in films in 2011, she was deeply disappointed when her 2015 film with Sudheer Babu, Mosagallaku Mosagadu, didn’t do well at the box-office. Nandini said that a few films in which she was offered lead roles went back and she went into depression.
“I got suicidal thoughts. I wanted to jump from my terrace or cut my wrists. I spent several sleepless nights thinking about my life, my career and other personal issues. But I decided to fight my way back and be a winner,” Nandini said. The actress currently has a film each in Tamil and Malayalam film industries.
Articles that might interest you:
- After the disappointing V, Nani lines up 4 exciting films
- Kamal Haasan thanks AP CM YS Jagan
- Sara Ali Khan admits to dating Sushant Singh Rajput?
- Sonu Sood urges people to bear a poor child’s education expenses
- Crazy OTT offer for Sharwanand’s next?
- Is her character going to be the backbone for Nishabdham?