Vijay’s Mersal, which opened to fabulous numbers at the box-office, has created a controversy of sorts in Tamil Nadu. The film has direct references to GST, which haven’t gone down well with the ruling BJP party.
BJP leader Tamilisai Soundararajan demanded that the dialogues referring to GST be removed from the film, and she also alleged that Vijay was using cinema as a platform to launch his political career.
It remains to be seen if the makers of Mersal will take these demands seriously on not. Meanwhile, the film’s Telugu version Adhirindhi is going to release soon.
- Yesteryear heroine’s daughter in Amar Akbar Anthony
- Simbu urges fans to not get emotional about his film’s release
- Chay-Samantha’s Majili to be shot in Vizag
- Exciting buzz on Vijay-Atlee film
- Roshagadu gets a big release in Telugu states