Vijay’s Mersal, which opened to fabulous numbers at the box-office, has created a controversy of sorts in Tamil Nadu. The film has direct references to GST, which haven’t gone down well with the ruling BJP party.
BJP leader Tamilisai Soundararajan demanded that the dialogues referring to GST be removed from the film, and she also alleged that Vijay was using cinema as a platform to launch his political career.
It remains to be seen if the makers of Mersal will take these demands seriously on not. Meanwhile, the film’s Telugu version Adhirindhi is going to release soon.
- Aditi Rao signs a Bollywood biggie
- Rajamouli ropes in star writer for his next
- Hero invites audiences to write reviews of his film
- Interview : Sudheer Babu- Producing films was always on my mind
- Fresh trouble for Vijay’s NOTA