Vijay’s Mersal, which opened to fabulous numbers at the box-office, has created a controversy of sorts in Tamil Nadu. The film has direct references to GST, which haven’t gone down well with the ruling BJP party.
BJP leader Tamilisai Soundararajan demanded that the dialogues referring to GST be removed from the film, and she also alleged that Vijay was using cinema as a platform to launch his political career.
It remains to be seen if the makers of Mersal will take these demands seriously on not. Meanwhile, the film’s Telugu version Adhirindhi is going to release soon.
- I was surprised that I had so much energy: Venky on his role in F2
- Ram-Puri Jagannadh’s iSmart Shankar gets a launch date
- Bollywood star yet to sign Indian 2
- Dark comedy ‘Mithai’ seals its release date
- Simran signs another biggie?