2017 has been a mixed bag for Bollywood. With Salman Khan, Katrina starrer Tiger Zinda Hai opening to good numbers, Bollywood had something to cherish about at the end of the year; however, except for Golmaal 4 and Baahubali 2, no other Hindi film has been film has been a major success.
In a recent round table interview, addressing how bad the situation was, Karan Johar said, “There has been a drastic drop in number of footfall for Hindi films over the years. The writing has been on the wall for years now. We don’t pay enough attention to content and giving an experience to the audience. We have a lot to learn from Telugu cinema, which makes plenty of event films which bring in the audience in droves. I am in awe of how the industry is functioning.”
Incidentally, Karan Johar had presented Baahubali 2 in Hindi and the film went on to collect a nett of over Rs 500 crores in Hindi alone, which is a new record.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ram Charan to storm the OTT platform soon?
- Viral Snap -Dil Raju’s new transformation
- Pranay’s father files case against RGV
- Top Bollywood star announces film on Galwan Valley clashes
- Poll : Which of these NTR projects are you looking forward to?
- Actor reluctant to play Power Star in RGV film