If the latest reports are to be believed, Bollywood star Ajay Devgn, who is essaying a crucial cameo in Rajamouli’s ambitious multi-starrer, RRR, is not charging a single penny to act in the movie. Apparently, Ajay has turned down RRR’s producer DVV Danayya’s offer to pay his full remuneration even though Ajay will be seen in a cameo.
And the reason behind Ajay’s gesture is said to be his friendship with Rajamouli, which dates back to Eega days. It’s worth mentioning that Ajay had given a small voiceover for Eega’s Hindi version Makhkhi back in 2012. Since then, Ajay and Rajamouli remained good friends.
Ajay normally charges Rs 35 to 40 crore per film in Bollywood. Even though DVV Danayya had offered to either pay him the remuneration equal to that of NTR’s and Ram Charan’s or his actual market value, Ajay refused to take money as he is doing this film purely for his friendship with Rajamouli.
Articles that might interest you:
- Photo Moment: Anushka flaunts her baby bump in a pool
- Anil Ravipudi’s film with Mahesh Babu very much on
- Disappointed Sandeep Reddy to announce a small film?
- Indraganti has no producer for his next?
- Rakul and Shraddha Kapoor to be summoned by the NCB?
- Interesting buzz on Vijay Deverakonda’s next