The pre-production for Jayalalithaa’s biopic is going on in full swing and now, Bollywood star actress Kangana Ranaut too has joined the team to prepare for her role. Directed by AL Vijay, the film is titled Thalaivi, and it follows Jayalalithaa’s rise from a film star to being the CM of Tamil Nadu.
The actress recently flew to Los Angeles to work on the prosthetics that her role requires in the film. She is said to be working closely with Hollywood prosthetics expert, Jason Collins, who had earlier worked on Blade Runner 2049 and Captain Marvel. On the other hand, she’s also learning Tamil since she wanted to dub for herself, and also taking lessons in Bharatanatyam under the supervision of Gayathri Raghuram.
The film is likely to go on floors later this year, and it’ll release in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi. More details about the rest of the cast and crew will be announced soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Arjun loses 14 kilos in 4 months for Ala Vaikunthapuramulo
- Khaidi’s story unfolds in 4 hours: Karthi
- Upendra’s Kabza to release in 7 Indian languages
- Mahesh lauds Dhanush-Vetrimaaran’s Asuran
- Karthi spills the beans on Suriya’s next project
- Bollywood media speculates RRR’s postponement