Ever since its inception, Manikarnika, Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut’s just released historical biopic on the legendary freedom fighter Jhansi Lakshmibai, has been facing a lot of challenges. The film has premiered tonight in several overseas destinations.
Meanwhile, a lawyer named Vivek Tambe, who claims to be a 5th generation descendant of the family of Rani Lakshmibai, moved the Bombay High Court, requesting a stay on Manikarnika’s release. Vivek alleged that the film’s team has distorted facts. He said that Jhansi Lakshmibai’s birth year is 1835, whereas the film shows her birth year as 1828. He also alleged that the scene which shows Lakshmibai suffering a miscarriage is untrue.
After listening to the producers and the CBFC panel, the Bombay High Court told Vivek Tambe that a stay is not possible at this juncture. The court also told the producers to respond to the notice served to them within 2 weeks.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sye Raa Trailer- Celeb Reactions
- Sye Raa Trailer – Epic and Mind-Blowing
- Poll : What did you think of Sye Raa’s trailer
- Bigg Boss- Remuneration of Varun Sandesh and Vithika revealed
- Top comedians in discussion for Prabhas’s next
- Noted heroine’s link-up rumor goes viral