Poor reviews and poor word of mouth can destroy most films. But not in the case of Superstar Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’. The movie has received a unanimous negative talk across all regions but this has not reflected in the collections in any way. The movie has already smashed past the 200 Crore mark over the first weekend.
Revenues are very strong even on Monday and the film’s distributors in Nizam area are going to break even comfortably, according to projections. The same is the case with many other areas across the world. In the US, the film’s distributors are already in profits. This is a unique situation that can only be explained by brand Rajinikanth.
Just imagine. Had the film been strong on content, what would the revenues have been like?
- I was surprised that I had so much energy: Venky on his role in F2
- Ram-Puri Jagannadh’s iSmart Shankar gets a launch date
- Bollywood star yet to sign Indian 2
- Dark comedy ‘Mithai’ seals its release date
- Simran signs another biggie?