Film star and Hindupur MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna also acts as the Managing Trustee and Chairman of the Basavatharakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute. The hospital, which was inaugurated in 2000, was founded in the memory of Balayya’s late mother Basavatharakam, and treated thousands of cancer patients from across the country.
This morning, Balayya took part in the flag hoisting ceremony at the hospital. Addressing the staff, Balayya said that the cancer hospital was built as it was his mother’s wish. Balayya further said that Basavatharakam Hospital is one of the best in the country and that it has been penetrating into interior villages to reach out to more people. Balayya also paid tributes to the great leaders and martyrs who sacrificed their lives for Independence.
- Rajinikanth to launch his political party soon
- Mammootty going all out to play YSR
- Akanksha Singh pins all her hopes on Deva Das
- Mani Ratnam reveals why he made a multi-starrer
- Pooja Hegde wraps up shooting for Aravindha Sametha