Actor-director duo Vijay and Murugadoss’ latest political drama, Sarkar, released on November 6 and registered record collections in their career. The film has reportedly grossed over 100 crores worldwide and is racing towards becoming the highest grossing movie in Vijay’s career.
On the other hand, Sarkar has landed in a major political controversy, with several top rung leaders and supporters of the ruling AIADMK party alleging that the film wrongly depicts the government’s rule in the state. An AIADMK follower named Devarajan went a step higher and filed a complaint against Murugadoss with the Chennai City Police Commissioner.
In his complaint, Devarajan said that Murugadoss has misled audiences with his film that shows the AIADMK party in poor light. He demanded a strict action against Murugadoss and even requested the authorities to remove the objectionable scenes in Sarkar.
Articles that might interest you:
- Popular child artiste Teja all set to turn hero
- Nandini Reddy reveals the secret of Samantha’s success
- Talented actress opens up about her choice of roles
- Transgender actress in Rajinikanth’s next
- Hindi actor’s role revealed in Darbar
- Grand event to celebrate Maharshi’s 50 day run