The members of All India Democratic Women’s Association (AIDWA) Coimbatore wing filed a case against Tamil star hero Simbu and young musical sensation Anirudh Ravichander alleging that the duo has portrayed women in a bad light in their ‘Beep Song’.
Apparently, the beep song is full of cuss words and has some nasty references to women that didn’t go down well with the protestors. The song was composed during a fun jamming session by Anirudh and Simbu a couple of years ago and it was only meant for sharing among their close friends.
However, one of the duo’s friends leaked the song on WhatsApp and this kickstarted a series of protests against them. The Coimbatore Police Commissioner filed a complaint under section 4 read 6 of Indecent Representation of Women Act, IPC 509 and IPC 67 of the Information Technology Act.
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai
- Tanish’s film on Bezawada rowdy lands in a controversy