Often, filmmakers across the country face numerous hurdles during the censor scrutiny of their movies. Some movies, including those starring star heroes, miss their release dates due to delay in the censor formalities.
But it looks like things will get even more difficult for filmmakers from now on. According to the latest reports, the CBFC has decided to strictly implement the existing rule of censoring movies only if filmmakers submit the applications 2 months in advance.
During the Adirindhi censor row recently, CBFC Chief Prasoon Joshi had explained that the entire process for the issuance of censor certificates takes at least 68 days. Normally, it takes 7 days to scrutinize the applications and another 42 days to process the applications, watch the movies and suggest cuts, if any, to the filmmakers. Finally, it takes another 19 days for the CBFC to issue censor certificates.
Articles that might interest you:
- It’s official: Sarileru Neekevvaru & Ala Vaikunthapuramulo’s Sankranthi clash averted
- Dhruv Vikram gets unanimous praise for Adithya Varma
- Comeback actress thrilled to work with Balakrishna
- After Saaho, Sujeeth teams up with UV Creations again?
- Thalapathy64 to be wrapped up by Feb
- YS Jagan was a big fan of this top Tollywood hero