Often, filmmakers across the country face numerous hurdles during the censor scrutiny of their movies. Some movies, including those starring star heroes, miss their release dates due to delay in the censor formalities.
But it looks like things will get even more difficult for filmmakers from now on. According to the latest reports, the CBFC has decided to strictly implement the existing rule of censoring movies only if filmmakers submit the applications 2 months in advance.
During the Adirindhi censor row recently, CBFC Chief Prasoon Joshi had explained that the entire process for the issuance of censor certificates takes at least 68 days. Normally, it takes 7 days to scrutinize the applications and another 42 days to process the applications, watch the movies and suggest cuts, if any, to the filmmakers. Finally, it takes another 19 days for the CBFC to issue censor certificates.
- Nayantara’s long-delayed film to see light soon
- Arjun Suravaram likely to be postponed?
- Makers of Vikram Vedha remake slam all rumors
- Review : Vinara Sodara Veera Kumaraa – Unengaging Love Story
- Varun Tej to join Valmiki shoot from this date
- Review : Chikati Gadilo Chithakotudu – Cheesy Adult comedy