There have been a number of issues surrounding the Andhra Pradesh Censor Board over the last few years and most of them have something to do with Ms. Dhanalakshmi, the Regional Officer who is in charge of the proceedings here. The Film Industry has had issues with her on many occasions and even submitted formal complaints against her way of functioning.
Things have now taken an ugly turn and some members of the AP Censor Board Office have submitted a formal complaint against Ms. Dhanalakshmi to the Information and Broadcasting Minister Ms. Ambika Soni. They have submitted allegations of malpractice, corruption and nepotism.
The most common complaint heard against Ms. Dhanalakshmi is about her lack of uniformity in cuts imposed. She is too severe in her cuts for some films and has allowed completely blasphemous dialogues to go without any censor cuts on other occasions. The Film Industry is now keenly awaiting the outcome of this latest development.
- Mahesh eyes his lucky season for Mahesh25
- Ram’s HGPK underway in Kakinada
- Much-awaited updates on Kamal’s Vishwaroopam 2 & Sabhash Naidu
- Intense comparisons between Sarkar and Bharat Ane Nenu’s storylines
- No one can beat Chiranjeevi garu in that aspect: Rajamouli