There have been a number of issues surrounding the Andhra Pradesh Censor Board over the last few years and most of them have something to do with Ms. Dhanalakshmi, the Regional Officer who is in charge of the proceedings here. The Film Industry has had issues with her on many occasions and even submitted formal complaints against her way of functioning.
Things have now taken an ugly turn and some members of the AP Censor Board Office have submitted a formal complaint against Ms. Dhanalakshmi to the Information and Broadcasting Minister Ms. Ambika Soni. They have submitted allegations of malpractice, corruption and nepotism.
The most common complaint heard against Ms. Dhanalakshmi is about her lack of uniformity in cuts imposed. She is too severe in her cuts for some films and has allowed completely blasphemous dialogues to go without any censor cuts on other occasions. The Film Industry is now keenly awaiting the outcome of this latest development.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Raju Gari Gadi 3 – Comedy clicks story doesn’t
- Review : Operation Gold Fish – Only Action clicks
- Eesha Rebba gets a special promo song in her first female-centric film
- Review : Krishnarao Super Market – Wayward crime drama
- Review : Malli Malli Chusa – Dragged Out Romantic Drama
- After Nag, this director wants to work with Venky