Just days after Tamil Nadu state government issued an order granting 100% occupancy to cinema halls, the central government has stepped in asking Tamil Nadu to withdraw its order. In a letter, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs urged the state government to follow the SOPs as suggested by the centre on December 28, 2020.
“The Government of Tamil Nadu has permitted to increase the seating capacity of cinemas theatres multiplexes from existing 50% capacity to 100% by following the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). This amounts to dilution of MHA Order dated December 28, 2020 issued under the DM Act, 2005,” the letter, written by Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla to Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu Shanmugam, says.
With the Centre putting its foot down, the state government has no choice but to revoke its order. Now, several people are wondering if it’s a wise move to release Vijay’s Master in cinema halls in Tamil Nadu for Pongal. It remains to be seen how Kollywood reacts to this news.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sarkaru Vaari Pata’s staggering record even before the shoot
- Big Update- RRR’s new release date locked
- Who is playing Mahesh Babu’s villain in Sarkaru Vaari Pata
- Pawan-Rana’s Ayyappanum Koshiyum remake to go on floors
- Mahesh Babu’s SVP starts rolling in Dubai
- RRR update at 2 PM- What could it be?