Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu was miffed with the controversy that erupted after the announcement of the Nandi Awards for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016. During a cabinet meeting in Amaravati yesterday, Chandrababu said that the Nandi Awards controversy was totally unexpected.
Babu said that the government has awarded only those winners chosen by the three juries. He said that he would have opted for an IVRS based voting system to choose the winners had he anticipated the backlash. “It’s unfortunate that people are alleging caste politics in such prestigious awards. We should not have announced the awards for all the three years at once,” the CM said.
- Rumors of NTR Mahanayakudu postponement go viral
- Murugadoss clears all rumors
- Allu Arjun’s gesture for Palakollu people wins praise
- Balakrishna confident of NTR Mahanayakudu’s success
- Impressive-F2 crosses the 20 crore mark in AP/TG