Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu was miffed with the controversy that erupted after the announcement of the Nandi Awards for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016. During a cabinet meeting in Amaravati yesterday, Chandrababu said that the Nandi Awards controversy was totally unexpected.
Babu said that the government has awarded only those winners chosen by the three juries. He said that he would have opted for an IVRS based voting system to choose the winners had he anticipated the backlash. “It’s unfortunate that people are alleging caste politics in such prestigious awards. We should not have announced the awards for all the three years at once,” the CM said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Charan is the biggest achievement of my life: Chiranjeevi
- Evaru all set for its Japanese release
- Never wanted to become a hero: Rajinikanth
- Shraddha Srinath’s role in Jodi revealed
- Interview : Sharwananad -i never expected such reviews for Ranarangam
- Poll : How much will Saaho’s Telugu version collect in its full run?