A lot seems to be riding on Charulatha which has Priyamani in lead role. Directed by Pon Kumaran, the film was initially made as a bilingual film in Kannada and Tamil; however, the makers thought that the story is apt for all four South Indian states. Hence, the film was later dubbed in Telugu and Malayalam. In each state, the film is being distributed by a leading distribution house and on the whole, the film is reportedly release in nearly 1000 screens across the world. That’s a massive release and the highest so far in Priyamani’s career.
Of late, she has been concentrating more on Kannada films, but if Charulatha manages to click at box office, she might be back with a bang in Telugu and Tamil too. She’ll be seen as conjoined twins in this film which is a remake of a Thai horror film named Alone. Sources say that the script has been modified heavily to suit the local sensibilities and the film’s producers Ramesh Krishna Murthy and Dwarakeesh seem to be extremely confident about the film’s success. Despite the film’s massive release, the film is going to face still competition from Vennela 1.5 and Avunu at least in A centres. We’ll have to wait and see if Priyamani can pull off a big surprise at box office with Charulatha.
Articles that might interest you:
- Narappa’s first copy to be ready soon
- David Warner wins the hearts of Hyderabadis and Indians
- Nani, Satya Dev and Roopa’s Daare Leda gets a launch date
- Noted editor to turn director work with Nithin’s next?
- Actress Kavitha’s son passes away due to COVID-19; Husband critical
- Press Note : Hamsini Entertainment Brings Thaman To The USA