In a much needed relief, Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan today passed a G.O., waiving off the electricity bills for cinema theaters across the state for 3 months. Jagan’s decision was in connection with the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce’s letter, requesting his support to revive the film and exhibition industries after the pandemic and lockdown.
The government has exempted all the single-screens and multiplexes in Andhra Pradesh from paying the power bills for the months of April, May and June, 2020. The Jagan government has also given the option for deferred payment by another 6 months, from July to December, 2020.
Furthermore, the government would also provide grants for 50 percent of the interest subvention for the loans availed by the single-screens, with a maximum limit of 4.5% per annum. Appreciating Jagan’s gesture, Megastar Chiranjeevi took to Twitter and thanked the CM. “Your sympathetic support will help several thousands of families dependent on this industry,” Chiru told Jagan.
My hearty thanks to Hon'ble CM Shri. @ysjagan for the much deserved relief measures for the Film Industry during Covid times. Your sympathetic support will help several thousands of families dependent on this industry.
— Chiranjeevi Konidela (@KChiruTweets) April 6, 2021
Articles that might interest you:
- Star Bollywood heroine in talks for NTR’s next?
- Full list of SIIMA 2021 Awards; Maharshi leads the show
- Prabhas puts a smile on the face of cancer patient
- Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan wraps up shoot; Eyes summer release
- Official: Ram Charan is Disney+Hotstar’s brand ambassador; Here’s a crazy promo
- Mahesh Babu to feature on NTR’s EMK?