Popular film star and Rajya Sabha MP Megastar Chiranjeevi has accompanied Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on his visit to India’s premiere film school, Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune. This morning, Chiru, Rahul and yet another Bollywood film star turned politician and FTII alumnus Raj Babbar met with the protesting FTII students to listen to their plight over the deadlock in the central government appointing Gajendra Chouhan as FTII’s head.
For the last 2 months, students have been carrying out intense protests demanding the removal of Gajendra Chouhan, popular TV actor who is well known for his Yudhishtir role in Mahabharat, as the Chairman of FTII. Rahul visited the FTII campus following the FTII Students Assosiaction’s written letter. Several reputed filmmakers from across the country have been voicing their support against the government’s decision to appoint people of their choice as the head of FTII.
- Here’s the much-awaited update on Vijay’s Sarkar
- Talented Telugu actor grabs Mani Ratnam’s next
- Poll : Who among these will win Bigg Boss 2?
- Savyasachi’s shoot to be wrapped up soon
- Nag made Bollywood starlet’s work easy on Devadas’ sets