We had reported earlier that Tamil star Chiyaan Vikram will be acting in a high-budget Hindi magnum opus titled Mahavir Karna. Vikram will be essaying the role of Karna in this epic period drama, which will be made with a whopping budget of 300 crore.
Speaking about the film in his latest interview with a leading English daily, Karna’s director RS Vimal said that Vikram had initially said no to the project and playing Karna. Vimal revealed that Vikram was sceptical about reprising the iconic character from The Mahabharata as the yesteryear legends NT Ramarao and Sivaji Ganesan had immortalized Karna in Daana Veera Soora Karna and Karnan respectively.
“Vikram wanted to know how my film will be different from those two classics. He was convinced and gave his nod only after listening to my narration and the research behind the script,” Vimal said. He went on to say that Vikram will train under Hollywood action choreographers for the movie.
Karna will be produced by the New York-based production house United Film Kingdom. The film will go on floors from October, 2018 and release in December, 2019.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these teasers impressed you the most?
- Parasuram finally confirms his new film
- Vijay Deverakonda’s French girlfriend In World Famous Lover
- Star daughter turns producer
- Much-awaited KGF 2’s first look out on this date
- Venky Mama’s Day 1 AP & TS share: Venky & Chay’s career best