Chief Minister N.Kiran Kumar Reddy met a delegation of Telugu Film Producers yesterday to listen to their issues over the VAT burden being faced by the industry. The Chief Minister is said to have reacted favourably to the demands of the council at this meeting and the same was shared by members of the Producers Council today.
“CM Kiran promised to look into the issue and he has given us an assurance that VAT will be scrapped for the industry. We are facing this burden for the past many years and in no other state is this prevalent “, said council members.
The industry is reeling from issues of piracy, VAT and escalating production costs lately. We will have to wait and see if the Govt. officially announces the same.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu hero coming up with an entertaining film
- Marriage is on the cards, confirms Gutta Jwala
- Charity is not a rowdy mamool, says popular director
- Acharya’s first look to be out on this auspicious day?
- Corona Crisis: Actor turns sanitary worker
- Sundeep Kishan’s gesture for cine workers and hotel staff in Corona times