Director Venkatesh Maha’s decision to remake the critically acclaimed Malayalam drama, Maheshinte Prathikaram, as his second film after his path-breaking debut with Care of Kancharapalem surprised everyone. While movie lovers were expecting the talented director to come up with yet another indie gem like COK, he chose to direct a remake.
Maha’s second film is titled Uma Maheswara Ugra Roopasya. The film has talented actor Satyadev in the lead role. Maha took to Twitter and shared that Satyadev’s character Mahesh’s behaviours, mannerisms and that smile was actually of his own brother whom he has seen all his life. “The story of the film is from original Maheshinte Prathikaram but the life in it is my original,” Maha tweeted.
Mahesh’s behaviours, mannerisms and that smile and everything that you see in #UMUR was actually of my own brother whom I have seen all my life. The story of the film is from original #MaheshintePrathikaram but the life in it is my original.
— Venkatesh Maha (@mahaisnotanoun) May 8, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Ram’s RED’s Malayalam and Hindi release details
- Krack’s success helps Gopichand Malineni sign top banner’s film
- Anasuya’s special cameo in Pawan’s film?
- Scam 1992 fame Pratik Gandhi signs his next
- Deepika Padukone reveals a top-secret
- Emotional Vijay Deverakonda guarantees fans ‘nationwide madness’