Director Harish Shankar and Varun Tej have teamed up for the Telugu remake of the cult Tamil gangster comedy, Jigarthanda. Titled Valmiki, the Telugu version has Atharvaa Murali and Pooja Hegde reprising the roles originally played by Siddharth and Lakshmi Menon respectively in the Tamil version. Varun Tej will be reprising Bobby Simha’s national award-winning act in Valmiki.
This afternoon, on the auspicious day of Eid, Harish took to Twitter and announced that a small pre-teaser will be released soon. The date when the pre-teaser will be out will be announced soon. This much-awaited film has wrapped up nearly half of its talkie part. Ram and Gopi Achanta are bankrolling this film under 14 Reels Plus banner.
Articles that might interest you:
- Film Trivia : Guess the actress who is related to Lata Mangeshkar
- Photo Moment: Sitara’s adorable airport snuggle with Mahesh
- Poll : What’s your take on Nishabdham’s OTT outcome?
- Pawan Kalyan sends get well soon wishes to Venkaih Naidu
- Allu Arjun to promote Vishnu’s Mosagallu
- Sushant’s Dil Bechara to release in cinemas soon