Vivek Athreya, the young Tollywood director, made heads turn just with his first film Mental Madhilo. This Sree Vishnu and Nivetha Pethuraj starrer brought him reputation, and the film was also commercially successful. He then directed the crime comedy Brochevarevarura, a bigger hit than Mental Madhilo, and it has gone down in the history of Telugu cinema as one of the well-made comedy entertainers.
Vivek Athreya’s ability to generate healthy comedy and his directorial skills fetched him the opportunity to direct Nani. Though Ante Sundaraniki didn’t work out commercially, there are a lot of fans for this rom-com. In a recent interview, Vivek Athreya confirmed that he is presently working on his next project and added that it will be an action thriller.
Vivek Athreya further stated that it would be an interesting project. There are speculations that Vivek Athreya might direct Nani’s 31st film, and this snippet from the interview has indeed excited Nani fans. But as of now, the official confirmation about the collaboration is yet to come. Let’s see what happens.
Articles that might interest you:
- Karthi to collaborate with this director once again?
- Poll : Which is the first Telugu film to win a National Award in the special effects category?
- Jawan: Third Indian film to achieve this feat
- Manoj Manchu to host a game show for ETV Win
- Gopichand-Sreenu Vaitla film to kick start in this country
- Review : Sapta Sagaralu Dhaati – Side A – Slow but Passable