Following the huge controversy that erupted after the national awards jury headed by him announced the 64th National Film Awards and his subsequent comments defending the selection process, veteran Malayali director Priyadarshan is neck deep busy developing as many 4 big budget projects.
Priyadarshan, in his latest interview, revealed that he is planning a road movie with Malayalam superstar Mammootty and another athletics-based sports drama featuring his best friend and stalwart actor Mohanlal.
Apart from these 2 Malayalam movies, Priyadarshan is also in talks with Abhishek Bachchan for a Bollywood project, while he is all set to direct Ajay Devgn in the Hindi remake of his Malayalam hit thriller Oppam.
However, Priyadarshan is tight-lipped about which project will he be taking on floors first. Priyadarshan is popular amongst Telugu audiences for the ANR-Balakrishna starrer 1994 film Gandeevam and Nagarjuna-Amala’s 1991 movie Nirnayam.
Articles that might interest you:
- AA20’s emotional drama to be on par with Rangasthalam?
- Debated whether or not to release RRR’s motion posters in these times: Rajamouli
- Anushka and Samantha in race for the prestigious biopic?
- RRR’s Bheem For Ramaraju teaser sets a Tollywood record
- Nani, Samantha and Mallesham win top honors at CCFA Awards
- The man makes me proud: Twinkle on Akshay Kumar’s 25 Cr donation