The Chennai City Civil Court has declined to stay the production work on Super Star Rajinikanth’s ongoing gangster drama, Kaala aka Kaala Karikaalan. The court directed the petitioner opposing Kaala’s production to approach the Madras High Court.
It’s been reported earlier that a Tamil filmmaker named K Rajashekaran had moved the court, alleging that the title and story of Kaala “absolutely belonged” to him. In a counter petition, representatives of Kaala’s production house Wunderbar Films replied that the story was penned by the film’s director Pa Ranjith.
Meanwhile, Kaala is nearing completion and the makers are reportedly planning to release the film in June next year.
- Deepika, Ranveer tie the knot in Konkan style
- Poll : What did you think of Next Yenti’s teaser?
- Director gives clarity on Ajith’s next
- Vijay-Atlee project set for Diwali 2019
- Are these factors delaying Allu Arjun’s next?