There’s no stopping Aamir Khan’s Dangal. This Bollywood blockbuster continues to win hearts in China and set new records. After surpassing the $300 million (Rs.1,960 crore approx) mark this week, Dangal has now become the 5th highest grossing non-English movie in the history of world cinema.
Dangal is next only to the all-time highest earning foreign movies such as China’s The Mermaid ($533 million) and Monster Hunt ($486 million), France’s The Intouchables ($427 million) and Japan’s Your Name ($354 million).
Dangal currently stands 5th with $301 million ($179.8 million from China and Taiwan and $84.4 million from India) and looks all set to cross Your Name in its full run. Dangal was directed by Nitesh Tiwari.
Articles that might interest you:
- Charan, Tarak belong to rival families; But they are good friends: Rajamouli
- AA20’s emotional drama to be on par with Rangasthalam?
- Debated whether or not to release RRR’s motion posters in these times: Rajamouli
- Anushka and Samantha in race for the prestigious biopic?
- RRR’s Bheem For Ramaraju teaser sets a Tollywood record
- Nani, Samantha and Mallesham win top honors at CCFA Awards