There’s no stopping Aamir Khan’s Dangal. This Bollywood blockbuster continues to win hearts in China and set new records. After surpassing the $300 million (Rs.1,960 crore approx) mark this week, Dangal has now become the 5th highest grossing non-English movie in the history of world cinema.
Dangal is next only to the all-time highest earning foreign movies such as China’s The Mermaid ($533 million) and Monster Hunt ($486 million), France’s The Intouchables ($427 million) and Japan’s Your Name ($354 million).
Dangal currently stands 5th with $301 million ($179.8 million from China and Taiwan and $84.4 million from India) and looks all set to cross Your Name in its full run. Dangal was directed by Nitesh Tiwari.
- Rana rubbishes rumors about his health
- Bollywood actress’ wish: To debut in Tollywood opposite Prabhas
- Chay to play a cricketer in his next
- Madras High Court comes to Trisha’s rescue
- Kiara Advani treats herself to an authentic Hyderabadi experience