It looks like Ram Gopal Varma’s controversial political drama, Lakshmi’s NTR, may not see the light of day in Andhra Pradesh on May 1. Although the High Court of Andhra Pradesh has allowed the film’s release in the state, the Election Commission of India’s latest statement has cast dark clouds over the film’s release.
The EC today said that the Model Code of Conduct will be in effect until May 27 across the country. On the other hand, even after getting the High Court clearance, due to the controversial events discussed in the film, Lakshmi’s NTR may not get any support from the ruling TDP government in terms of providing security to ensure a smooth release. In this scenario, will the film ever release is the big question.
Articles that might interest you:
- Acharya’s Khammam schedule underway under tight security
- Get ready for 3 surprises from PSPK27 this Maha Shivaratri
- Critically acclaimed South film goes to Bollywood
- Manchu Manoj’s sly tweet on marriage reports
- Wild Dog’s trailer gets a launch date
- Veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher joins Karthikeya 2