Young filmmaker Sanjana Reddy has made her directorial debut with Raj Tarun’s Rajugadu. The film released today after a decent round of promotions. In a recent interview, Sanjana revealed that she is planning a biopic on Telugu weightlifter Karanam Malleswari, a bronze medallist at the 2000 Olympics and Rajiv Khel Ratna awardee.
Revealing further, Sanjana said that her biopic on Karanam Malleswari will showcase the weightlifter’s inspiring rise from a small village in Srikakulam and how she had lost the Gold Medal at the Sydney Olympics in 2000. Sanjana, who also hails from Srikakulam, plans to make the film in Telugu and Hindi.
This is the season of biopics across the country, and it remains to be seen if Sanjana will be able to take such a mammoth project to the sets in near future.
- Press Note : ‘DevaDasThoNenu’ SELFIE CONTEST BEGINS ACROSS USA
- Vijay Deverakonda asks fans to choose NOTA’s release date
- RX 100 heroine forays into Tamil Cinema
- Began groundwork for Mahesh’s film with Nannu Dochukunduvate: Sudheer Babu
- Buzz for Deva Das picks up