Young filmmaker Sanjana Reddy has made her directorial debut with Raj Tarun’s Rajugadu. The film released today after a decent round of promotions. In a recent interview, Sanjana revealed that she is planning a biopic on Telugu weightlifter Karanam Malleswari, a bronze medallist at the 2000 Olympics and Rajiv Khel Ratna awardee.
Revealing further, Sanjana said that her biopic on Karanam Malleswari will showcase the weightlifter’s inspiring rise from a small village in Srikakulam and how she had lost the Gold Medal at the Sydney Olympics in 2000. Sanjana, who also hails from Srikakulam, plans to make the film in Telugu and Hindi.
This is the season of biopics across the country, and it remains to be seen if Sanjana will be able to take such a mammoth project to the sets in near future.
- Hilarious comic episodes in Allu Arjun-Trivikram film
- Nandamuri hero follows Mahesh Babu’s route
- Rajamouli not following Maryada Ramanna & Eega strategy for RRR
- NTR Mahanayakudu’s Day 1 US collections
- Venky Mama all set for a 2-week-long schedule in Godavari