Star Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone is turning producer with Chhapaak, a film based on an acid attack survivor named Lakshmi. Directed by Meghna Gulzar, the film is releasing on January 10.
Meanwhile, Deepika’s presence and her support to the students at JNU, Delhi who were injured in the brutal attack by armed maskmen has been getting her both praises and brickbats. Many people are lauding Deepika’s courage to stand up and voice her opinion even as she left her film in a huge risk, when the rest of Bollywood A-listers chose to remain silent on the issue.
On the other hand, several others are alleging that Deepika’s JNU visit is nothing but a cheap publicity stunt. Angered members of the right wing groups are even trending #BoycottDeepika only to be countered with a #ISupportDeepika trend on social media.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 5 – A triangular love story happening in the house
- Netflix bags OTT rights of Nani’s next
- Smashing glimpse of Ajith’s Valimai raises expectations
- Mahesh Babu’s meeting with Uppena director raises curiosity
- Shalini Pandey responds to her big Hindi debut getting delayed
- Maha Samudram trailer – Massy, intense and power-packed