Ever since Deepika Padukone appeared in films like Tamasha, Piku, and Ram Leela, her choice of films has gone beyond the regular commercial films. While she has been part of big scale productions like Bajirao Mastani and Padmavat, the actress has also made it clear that she’s looking for more interesting scripts.
Earlier this year, she was supposed to work with Vishal Bhardwaj in a film titled Sapna Didi, and Deepika was roped in to play a female gangster; however, it had to be postponed indefinitely due to her co-star Irrfan’s health issues. Now, the latest news is that Deepika Padukone will collaborate with another acclaimed filmmaker Meghna Gulzar for a film titled Chhappak.
The film is reportedly based on the life of acid attack survivor, Laxmi Agarwal, and a young actor Vikram Massey has been roped in to play Deepika’s partner in the film. Deepika will be seen in a completely different avatar in the film. Incidentally, Laxmi Agarwal, who was attacked in 2005, has been actively campaigning to stop acid attacks on women, and she has received numerous awards for her work.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rajamouli fixes this month for RRR’s release
- Watch : ‘In The Name Of God’ Streaming NOW on AHA
- Sonu Sood opens up about rumors on his political entry
- Chiru’s next- Meher Ramesh spends lakhs for just montage shots
- Allu Arjun’s wife Sneha crosses a milestone on Instagram
- Vijay-Rashmika’s Dear Comrade crosses a huge milestone