Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmavati has been mired in a major controversy in North India, and with less than two weeks to go before the film releases, the protests haven’t stopped. In fact, several fringe groups have demanded a ban on the film, and several filmmakers and politicians have come out in support of the film.
Now, the film’s lead actress Deepika Padukone has made a bold statement that we have regressed as a nation, whils talking about the protests against the film even before people see what the story is. “It’s appalling. Absolutely appalling. What have we gotten ourselves into? And where have we reached as a nation? We have regressed,” she said.
Recently, a fringe group vandalized a cinema hall in Kota, Rajasthan for screening the trailer of Padmavati. Deepika, however, is confident that nothing will stop the release of the film, which also stars Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
Articles that might interest you:
- Four star heroines to clash on OTT
- Actress, cancer survivor turns producer
- Telugu girl returns to Tollywood after making her mark in Kollywood
- Punarnavi’s performance to stand out in her next
- Charmme’s parents test positive for COVID 19
- Chay Akkineni’s crazy project launched in style