In a career spanning over 50 years, legendary singer SP Balasubrahmanyam had recorded more than 40,000 songs in 16 languages. This is a Guinness record. In his Illustrious career, Balu was rightly honoured by the state and central governments on various occasions.
Balu was awarded the country’s fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri in 2001. Exactly a decade later, he was given the third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan in 2011. Now, following his demise, the demand for conferring SP Balasubrahmanyam with the country’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratna has intensified.
Senior hero Arjun and popular Tollywood writer cum character artiste Tanikella Bharani have demanded that Balu must be honoured with Bharat Ratna by the central government. Arjun went on to say that film stars across the country must come together and vouch for Bharat Ratna for Balu.
Articles that might interest you:
- Yet another superstar in talks for Pawan Kalyan’s next?
- Hero Tarun turns producer- Ready with three projects
- Bhumika to play a key role in young hero’s next
- Pre-release business of Vakeel Saab takes a beating?
- Poll : Apart from DC, MI, RCB, who will enter IPL 2020 playoffs?
- Prestigious banner to enter Bollywood in a big way