In a career spanning over 50 years, legendary singer SP Balasubrahmanyam had recorded more than 40,000 songs in 16 languages. This is a Guinness record. In his Illustrious career, Balu was rightly honoured by the state and central governments on various occasions.
Balu was awarded the country’s fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri in 2001. Exactly a decade later, he was given the third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan in 2011. Now, following his demise, the demand for conferring SP Balasubrahmanyam with the country’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratna has intensified.
Senior hero Arjun and popular Tollywood writer cum character artiste Tanikella Bharani have demanded that Balu must be honoured with Bharat Ratna by the central government. Arjun went on to say that film stars across the country must come together and vouch for Bharat Ratna for Balu.
Articles that might interest you:
- Jr NTR starts physical training for NTR30
- Itlu Maredumilli Prajaneekam’s teaser looks engaging
- All eyes on Allu Arjun’s big announcement
- GA2 Pictures’ new movie launched- Deets inside
- Team Liger wishes Mike Tyson a happy birthday in style
- Team NTR30’s struggle continues to find a heroine