The valorous life of the first Telugu freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimhareddy is being made as a biopic with the title Sye Raa. Megastar Chiranjeevi is reprising Uyyalawada in the highly-anticipated biopic.
Meanwhile, a demand to announce Uyyalawada Narasimhareddy as a national hero seems to be on the rise. On the occasion of Narasimhareddy’s death anniversary, filmmaker and Telugu Bhasha Parirakshana Vedika Convenor Kethireddy Jagadeeswarareddy said that he has met with the President, Prime Minister, union ministers and Parliament MPs and submitted an appeal to announce Narasimhareddy as a national hero.
Jagadeeswarareddy also said that he has met with Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and requested him to install Uyyalawada’s statue in Amaravati. He further said that Uyyalawada was recognized as a great warrior by the museums in London and Chennai.
- 2.0’s producer, director donate huge for cyclone victims
- Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake wraps up first schedule
- Temper’s Tamil version’s first look lands in controversy
- Rajinikanth donates big for Cyclone Gaja victims
- Interesting buzz on Samantha’s character in Majili