Thugs Of Hindostan, the high-budget Bollywood period magnum opus starring Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh, released yesterday as a Diwali treat. Since this is the first time both Amitabh and Aamir shared screen space, the pre-release buzz was unprecedented.
Thugs Of Hindostan received mixed to poor reviews from critics across the country. However, this didn’t deter the film’s day one box-office collections, as TOH has set an all-time day 1 record by collecting nearly Rs 50 crore India nett, with nearly Rs 24 crores collected from the advance bookings itself.
Thugs Of Hindostan was made with a budget of over Rs 250 crores, and how the movie will fare at the box-offices worldwide over the weekend remains to be seen. Vijay Krishna Acharya has directed Thugs Of Hindostan and Aditya Chopra produced it under Yash Raj Films banner.
- Young actress reveals her wish to act with Pawan Kalyan
- Kiara Advani joins Arjun Reddy’s Hindi remake unit
- Rakul Preet, Aditi Rao Hydari groove to AR Rahman’s tunes
- Latest update on Suriya’s NGK
- Sudheer Babu begins preparing for a prestigious biopic