Ram Charan and Boyapati Srinu’s much-awaited Sankranthi entertainer, Vinaya Vidheya Rama, released yesterday. Much to everyone’s shock, the film received a mixed response from all quarters. But the poor reviews and underwhelming word of mouth didn’t impact the opening collections.
Vinaya Vidheya Rama has surprised trade circles by breaking several existing non-Baahubali 2 records in most of the prime centres in the twin Telugu states. Below are the film’s day one collections. Ceded and Nizam will be reported shortly.
East – Rs 2.05 Crs
West – Rs 1.83 Crs
Guntur – Rs 4.18 Crs (non-Baahubali 2 record)
Nellore – Rs 1.69 Crs (including full hires) (non-Baahubali 2 record)
Krishna – Rs 1.59 Crs
Articles that might interest you:
- Wink sensation Priya Prakash to debut in Sandalwood
- When Shahid refused to act in Arjun Reddy’s remake for this reason
- Kabir Singh repeats Arjun Reddy’s feat in these aspects
- Will this young hero impress in an action avatar?
- Bollywood trade prediction: Advantage Prabhas over Akshay & John
- Sharwanand’s shoulder surgery lasts for 11 hours; Shifted to ICU