Even though the COVID-19 cases have come down and the lockdown restrictions are relaxed in the twin Telugu states, it looks like there’s still some more time left before theaters reopen in a full-fledged manner. In this scenario, producers of several medium and big budget movies have decided to skip theatrical release and opt for a direct OTT release instead.
With Narappa completing its censor formalities recently, there has been a strong buzz that producer Suresh Babu has sold off the film’s digital premiere rights to an OTT giant. Also, even Venky’s Drushyam 2 is said to be going the OTT route instead of having a theatrical release.
This naturally upset many die-hard fans of Venkatesh. Fans are taking to social media and protesting against the decision to premiere both Narappa and Drushyam 2 on OTT platforms. These fans are urging Suresh Babu to rollback his decision and assuring him that they have been waiting to watch Venky on the big screen for several months and that they can surely wait for a few more months until the situation returns to normalcy.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anandhi looks simply beautiful as ‘Sodaala Sridevi’ in SSC’s first look
- Ace Bollywood DP’s tweet on Pawan Kalyan raises expectations
- Sankranthi 2022 getting heated up
- It’s official: Here’s Radhe Shyam’s release date
- Rashmika in talks for Tamil star’s Tollywood debut film?
- Aadi, Payal Rajput’s Kirataka to go on floors on this date