Released in 1989, Ram Gopal Varma’s debut blockbuster ‘Shiva’ is still admired as a film that changed the way Telugu films were made. The film made the entire country take Telugu films a bit more seriously for its innovative use of sound and image.
Now, a digitally restored copy of this trendsetting film will be released on 15th May to commemorate the silver jubilee celebrations of its release. The film had Akkineni Nagarjuna, Amala and Raghuvaran in the lead roles and Annapurna Studios produced it.
Last year, a documentary titled ‘Exploring Shiva’ was also made about how the film was made and how numerous present day directors who got inspired by that film.
- Nandita Swetha signs a horror comedy
- Sudheer Babu makes an interesting decision for his future movies
- Naga Shaurya’s new film launched in style
- Poll : Which among these multi-starrers are you looking forward to?
- Bollywood star in talks for Vijayendra Prasad’s RSS film