Ever since the lockdown resulted in the shutting down of single screens and multiplexes across the country, whether or not to release big budget movies featuring top stars directly on OTT platforms has been a huge debate. Now, star Kollywood director Shankar has made a big statement.
Shankar said in a latest interview that OTT can never match the energy and euphoria that’s seen in a movie theater. “I’ve been wondering what type of movies I should work on if OTT turns out to be the future. Be it theater or OTT, my films are meant to entertain all kinds of audiences”, Shankar said.
The maverick director’s ambitious sequel to his yesteryear patriotic drama, Bharatheeyudu, has been delayed due to the lockdown. The shooting for this eagerly awaited biggie will begin towards the end of the year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Payal Ghosh demands an increased security cover
- Talented actor signs two projects for Aha
- Sensational star in Balayya’s next?
- Prank call of bomb threat to this star’s office
- Shocking- NCB confirms Rhea as a solid member of a drug syndicate
- Sensational actress in talks for Chiru’s next?