Last night, on the occasion of the 3rd National Handloom Day, actress Samantha organized the much talked about event, Woven – A Walk To Fashion. Woven was held in association with the Telangana government to raise awareness about the dying art of handloom weaving and revive handlooms.
Speaking at the event, Samantha gave a touching and enlightening speech. Samantha said that she had visited a handloom weaver’s house in a Telangana village sometime back and the weaver told her that his art would die along with him.
“Do we really want to be the generation that causes the death of tradition and culture?,” asked Samantha. She went on to reveal that her interactions with the weavers’ community made her realize the injustice being caused to them and that’s when she decided to lend a helping hand.
- Time set for ANR’s look from NTR biopic
- Update on Ravi Teja-VI Anand’s film
- Aravinda Sametha’s Peniviti song gets an unanimous thumbs up
- Akhil’s ultra stylish look in Mr. Majnu’s teaser wows fans
- Brazilian model to debut with Akhil’s Mr Majnu