Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal has been entangled in a deep controversy ever since it released for Diwali. Several BJP leaders and other local right-wing groups have criticized Vijay’s dialogues on the GST and Modi’s ambitious Digital India campaign. The protesting leaders demanded an immediate removal of the controversial dialogues from the movie.
While the makers have reportedly decided to remove the much-talked-about dialogues, fans and the entire industry folk have been extending their support for Mersal. Stalwart actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan too chipped in with his support last night. Kamal tweeted, “Mersal was certified. Dont re-censor it . Counter criticism with logical response. Dont silence critics. India will shine when it speaks”.
Mersal was certified. Dont re-censor it . Counter criticism with logical response. Dont silence critics. India will shine when it speaks.
— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) October 20, 2017
- Advance bookings open for Aravinda Sametha
- Nannu Dochukunduvate’s latest collections
- Script work nearing completion for Sam’s prestigious project
- Poll : Which of these films are you excited to watch this weekend?
- Grand audio launch being planned for Chay’s next