Actor-turned-director Rahul Ravindran voiced his concern about sexual harassment at workplace and urged everyone to make a workplace safe for women. The issue has snowballed into a cultural movement in Hollywood with several top celebrities being accused of sexual harassment over the years, and many say that it’s not that different in India either.
Recounting an incident from his own career, Rahul revealed that one of his co-stars was harassed and when he took a strong stand to protect her, the predator backed off. “All of us have a responsibility to act… to not be passive when we see it happen around us. It may be convenient to look away, it may be career threatening to take a stand… but we must. I had a co-star who was once harassed. Did everything I could to protect her. And thankfully the predator backed off. And the girl finished the film without any untoward incidents. Don’t look away. Don’t turn a blind eye,” Rahul said.
Currently, he’s directing Chi La Sow which has Sushanth and Ruhani in lead roles. The film is expected to be wrapped up by the end of the month.
- Noted actor to quit film production?
- Press Note : Godavari Launches their New Brand “Paneer” – The Mall Concept Food Court
- Jyothika earns rave reviews for her latest film
- Amar Akbar Anthony off to a slow start in the US
- Deepika, Ranveer’s new home costs Rs 50 crores!