Actor-turned-director Rahul Ravindran voiced his concern about sexual harassment at workplace and urged everyone to make a workplace safe for women. The issue has snowballed into a cultural movement in Hollywood with several top celebrities being accused of sexual harassment over the years, and many say that it’s not that different in India either.
Recounting an incident from his own career, Rahul revealed that one of his co-stars was harassed and when he took a strong stand to protect her, the predator backed off. “All of us have a responsibility to act… to not be passive when we see it happen around us. It may be convenient to look away, it may be career threatening to take a stand… but we must. I had a co-star who was once harassed. Did everything I could to protect her. And thankfully the predator backed off. And the girl finished the film without any untoward incidents. Don’t look away. Don’t turn a blind eye,” Rahul said.
Currently, he’s directing Chi La Sow which has Sushanth and Ruhani in lead roles. The film is expected to be wrapped up by the end of the month.
- Manikarnika’s producer hospitalised, Kangana plays down rumours
- Tamannaah makes interesting comments about Queen remake
- Allu Arjun to grace wink sensation’s Lover’s Day’s audio launch
- All Mega heroes to grace Vaishnav Tej’s debut film launch
- Kajal runs a marathon to fulfil her promise