Mahesh Babu’s Dookudu swept the first edition of South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) which was held last night in Dubai. The film bagged eight awards including awards for Best Film, Best Actor, Best Director and Best Music director. Dookudu had earlier bagged 8 awards at CineMAA Awards. Nayanthara was judged the Best Actress for her performance in Sri Ramarajyam. The previous night, Rana, Shruti Haasan, Trisha, Amala Paul and Nani won top awards in the Gen Next Awards. The glittering ceremony saw celebrities from all the four South Indian film industry come together to celebrate and cheer for one another. All eyes will be on the Filmfare Awards (South) which is going to held in Chennai on July 7. If CineMAA Awards and SIIMA Awards are any indication, Dookudu might sweep Filmfare Awards as well.
- Interesting title for Kanchana’s Bollywood remake
- Venky Mama’s Hyderabad schedule underway
- DSP saved from the wrath of Mahesh’s fans
- Nani-Indraganti film gets a launch date
- Fans relieved- Bunny finally starts AA19
- Has Nani taken a risk with Gang Leader?