Dookudu emerged winner at Filmfare Awards which were held last night in Chennai. The film bagged 6 awards including awards for Best Film, Best Actor (Mahesh Babu), Best Director (Sreenu Vaitla), Best Supporting Actor (M S Narayana), Best Music Director (Thaman), Best Playback Singer (Male) (Rahul Nambiar). This is the third time in the year that the film has bagged the most awards at prestigious events like CineMAA Awards, SIIMA and now Filmfare. Apart from Dookudu, Bapu’s Sriramarajyam too bagged 5 awards including Best Actress (Nayanthara), Best Playback Singer (Female) (Shreya Ghoshal). Shruti Haasan was judged the Best Debutante for her performance in Anaganaga O Dheerudu and 7am Arivu and her father Kamal Haasan presented her this award. The grand gala ceremony saw celebrities from all four South Indian film industries. Top actors and actresses like Kamal Haasan, Mahesh Babu, Vikram, Dhanush, Ram, Kajal, Tamannaah and Shruti Haasan graced the event.
Articles that might interest you:
- Keerthy Suresh excited about her Bollywood debut
- Prabhas talks about Saaho-Baahubali comparisons
- Star actress scores a big hit in Tamil
- NTR biopic producer’s massive collaboration with Sony Pictures
- Sukumar goes gaga over Evaru
- Kabir Singh’s massive 1st Sunday record beaten