Two Telugu films, ‘Saradaga Ammayitho’ and ‘Something Something’, are set for a release today in Andhra Pradesh. For any film, day 1 at the Box Office is very crucial. But both these films will take a hit in terms of openings today, especially in Hyderabad.
The city of Hyderabad is resembling an urban battleground with scores of barricades, barbed wire fences and battalions of armed policemen at numerous checkpoints. Buses and trains have been cancelled. Flyovers have been closed. Schools, colleges and many institutions have been shut down as a preventive measure, in anticipation of possible clashes over the ‘Chalo Assembly’ call given by Telangana supporters.
To add to this, the city has been witnessing heavy rains for the past couple of days and the situation is expected to remain the same today.
Will people throng to theaters in this scenario? This surely is a double whammy for the two films.
- Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake wraps up first schedule
- Temper’s Tamil version’s first look lands in controversy
- Rajinikanth donates big for Cyclone Gaja victims
- Interesting buzz on Samantha’s character in Majili
- Pawan Kalyan’s official statement about reports on comeback film