Mollywood heart-throb Dulquer Salmaan’s maiden production venture, Varane Avashyamund, has been courting controversies ever since its digital premiere on Netflix earlier this month. After apologizing to a Mumbai based female journalist for unwanted body-shaming last week, Dulquer has now apologized to several angry Tamil netizens who have been abusing him and his film.
And the reason behind the Tamil netizens fury is a joke in Varane Avashyamund which allegedly degraded slain LTTE chief Velupillai Prabhakaran. The joke in question has senior Malaysian actor Suresh Gopi’s character calls a dog “Prabhakara”. This instigated a section of LTTE Prabhakaran’s admirers who started blasting Dulquer and his team.
Responding to this unexpected controversy, Dulquer duly apologized, but was quick to add that the controversial joke was in reference to a famous scene in the 1988 Malayalam movie, Pattana Pravesham.
— dulquer salmaan (@dulQuer) April 26, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Adigya from Akhanda is simple and delightful
- Ram Charan and team Maestro shoot for Bigg Boss 5
- Raghu Babu joins Vishnu Manchu panel; To contest in MAA elections
- Sonu Sood evades taxes amounting to several crores?
- Poll : Which of these Telugu OTT biggies impressed you the most?
- Bigg Boss 5 – These two contestants in danger of eviction?