On the occasion of Malayalam star Dulquer Salmaan’s birthday yesterday, the makers of Mahanati unveiled a poster showcasing the actor in yesteryear hero Gemini Ganesan’s avatar. In his latest interview to a leading English daily, Dulquer opened up about his approach in reprising Gemini Ganesan.
“I cannot be Gemini Ganesan. I didn’t want to use prosthetics and change my look. We don’t have any visual recordings of Gemini Ganesan apart from his movies. I can’t imitate those exaggerated expressions when playing his real-life. I wanted to look like me in the film. So, I have approached the role as how I would have behaved if I was a big star in that era. It’s a great honor to be playing his characters,” said Dulquer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shankar hints at film with another star
- Bigg Boss contestant’s Hindi debut
- Vijay Deverakonda’s Bollywood debut with Puri Jagan, Karan Johar
- Sarileru’s Suryudivo Chandrudivo is a beautiful melody
- Keerthy Suresh on cloud nine about her magical milestone
- Madhuri Dixit to make Netflix debut