S S Rajamouli’s Eega and Pawan Kalyan’s Gabbar Singh took home most of the top honours at the 60th Filmfare Awards (South), which was held last night at HICC, Novotel in Hyderabad. Eega, Gabbar Singh, Businessman, Julayi, Racha, Dhamarukam, Ishq were some of the films which had multiple nominations in various categories and among them, Eega and Gabbar Singh stood apart.
S S Rajamouli won the Best director award whereas his film Eega took awards for Best Film, Best Actress (Samantha), Best Supporting Actor (Sudeep) and Best VFX.On the other hand, Pawan Kalyan was given the Best Actor award and Ram Charan took the award on the former’s behalf. Gabbar Singh also won awards for Best Music Director (Devi Sri Prasad), Best Male Playback Singer (Vaddepalli Srinivas). Veteran director Bapu was honoured with Lifetime Achievement Awards. One of the highlights of the show was a scintillating dance performance by Shruti Haasan, among many others. A R Rahman, Ram Charan, Allu Arjun, Rana, Dhanush, Anirudh Ravichander, Shruti Haasan, Tamannaah, Allu Sirish, Yami Gautam, Amala Paul, Priyamani, Lakshmi Manchu, Nikesha Patel, Kriti Kharbanda, Charmee were some of the celebrities who were spotted at the event.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nepotism story- When Akshay Kumar was replaced by Ajay Devgan
- Poll : Which of these superstars should only stick to south cinema?
- DSP giving Pushpa’s music score a Pan-India appeal
- Vijay Deverakonda’s new pet dog becomes a hot topic
- Prabhas yet to sign this biggie?
- Mr Majnu’s Hindi version packs a punch amid COVID-19 scare