S S Rajamouli’s Eega has turned out to be a huge hit in Tamil Nadu. The bilingual film was released as Naan Ee in Tamil on July 6. In the first week, the film was released in around 200 theatres and in the second week, there was a drop in theatres since Billa 2 had released. Now, the film has been re-released in several new screens and we hear that it’s being screened in around 185 theatres. The film has grossed Rs 18.22 crores in 21 days which is phenomenal for a film with no big stars. The film’s success has made S S Rajamouli a noted name in Tamil Nadu and to cash in on his popularity, his earlier film Chatrapathi has been dubbed as Chandramouli in Tamil. Meanwhile, Prasad V Potluri, who had produced the Tamil version of Eega is laughing all the way to the bank, thanks to the film’s success.
- Has Akira shifted to Hyderabad? Renu Desai clarifies
- Suriya praises Karthi’s choice of films
- Star hero injured while performing an action sequence
- Legendary singer to croon for Rajini’s next
- Venue set for Vijetha’s audio launch